Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Acknowledging your lizard
The first part dives into the concept of acknowledging your lizard. This means to be prepared for failure or the unexpected. When you acknowledge your lizard you conform to what society wants you to do. According to Godin the great artist in all of us must understand our lizard so we can block it when we have to reach outside the box and not conform.

Fail
The part that struck me was fail. Godin Said that in order for you to be able to do anything great and groundbreaking you must be willing to take the risk of failing. I think not enough people in Hollywood take risks anymore, and that is why movies so often seem to be following some stale tried and true formula.

I think both of these relate to me going into the blog because I could try something very complex one of my lab projects and take a risk and end up failing at it. I think not conforming (acknowledging lizard) is tied with taking risks. When you take risks you grow as a person, and when you fail you grow even more as an artist. I think this is relevant to me being creative because people could end up thinking anyone of the projects I put up sucks and not like it. So I risk failing on this

No comments:

Post a Comment